DAY 1: CUSCO-CHAULLAY-HUANCACALLE (L/D)
We started the morning with the hotel pick up, followed by a scenic bus ride through the Sacred Valley, crossing Ollantaytambo, after some hours of driving we will reach Malaga Pass (4200 meters.) From here we go down to Huyro Valley and pass through the villages of Maranura and Chaullay. Arrivve in the afternoon into Hucacalle, our camping place.
DAY 2: HUANCACALLE – VITCOS – ÑUSTAHISPANA – COLPACASA (B/L/D)
After breakfast, we begin our expedition visiting Vitcos and Rosaspata archeological sites, followed by Ñusta Hispana (an impressive carved rock formation), from any where you can enjoy the majestic Pumasillo Mountain. After lunch we continue our walk to Colpacasa pass then to the high forest, where we have our second campsite
DAY 3: COLPACASA – UTUTO (B/L/D)
During the morning trek to Maukachaka area, descending to Concevidayoc, where we camp and relax
DAY 4: UTUTO – VISTA ALEGRE (B/L/D)
After breakfast, we begin our descend, we see more tropical vegetation and climate until we reach Pampacona river, here we will have lunch and some time to cool off in the river border before to continue with the hike. In the afternoon we reach our campsite, called, Vista Alegre, where we have our teatime in a semi-tropical environment, followed by a delicious dinner and a deserved rest.
DAY 5: VISTA ALEGRE – CONCEBIDAYOC (B/L/D)
This day we will get into an even warmer tropical Vilcabamba valley. During our walk we will see the diversity of flora and fauna of the area with its famous “Cock of the Rock (national bird of Peru). In the afternoon we reach our campsite established in Concebidayoc
DAY 6: CONCEBIDAYOC – ESPIRITUPAMPA – CHONTABAMBA (B/L/D)
After breakfast we start the day following Pampaconas river, which will drive us to Espiritu Pampa. we will have enough time to explore this wonderful area with its buildings and terraces. Then in the afternoon we will continue to our campsite in Chontabamba.
DAY 7: CHONTABAMBA – CHIWANKIRI (B/L/D)
We will start our last day of walking. With a beautiful, tropical and warm climate in the valley of Espiritu Pampa, we will enjoy the various spectacles of flora and fauna, and will make camp at Chiwankiri for the night.
DAY 8:: CHIWANKIRI – KITENI – CUSCO (B/L)
We will depart no before to say good bye to the horsemen, our journey will be using a private car though the city of Kiteni, back through the Malaga Valley, and passing through Amparaes, and Calca. Finally we will arrive at Cusco at night.
*** Campsites are determined according to the guides criteria
- Group Size: Depends on clients
- Fixed departures:
- Private transportation: Hotel – Hucacalle & Chiwankiri – Hotel
- Professional English and Spanish speaking guide; 2 guides for groups over 12 people
- Cook: In charge of meal preparation
- Horsemen and mules: Carry tents, cooking equipment and also carry backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (Max. 15 kilos/ 33 lbs per person)
- Emergency Horse: Just in case someone needs help
- Meals: 7 Breakfasts/8 Lunches/7 Dinners/Snacks and afternoon tea
- Equipment: tents ( 2 people in each 3-person-capacity ), air- mattresses , dinning tent, bathroom tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, table settings, first aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Breakfast (day 1), usually hotels offer this service
- Sleeping bag
- US$30 Sleeping bag rental (-10°C) for the whole trek
- US$25 single acomodación
- US$ 30 trekking poles rental
- Campsites will be determined according to the guides criteria